In the modern business world, there are few aspects of a business operation more important than branding. Your company’s brand is far more than a fancy logo; a well-crafted brand tells the world who you are and what you stand for. Unfortunately, many businesses overlook a valuable and cost-effective means of building a brand with digital marketing principles in mind: leveraging the power of blogging to establish and maintain an online presence. In this guide, we’ll show you how to use business blogging to help your business grow.
Why Choose Business Blogging to Build a Brand?
Digital marketing encompasses a broad range of strategies and platforms to connect with audiences. Blogging is one of those practices, offering numerous benefits that provide a great return on investment. Advantages of incorporating blogs into your overall digital marketing and brand-awareness initiatives include:
● Proven performance – businesses with blogs generate far more leads than those that don’t.
● Increased engagement – blogs allow potential customers to interact directly with businesses, creating engagement and building trust.
● Improved information sharing – blogs offer companies the chance to provide details that website product or service pages often gloss over. This can provide the information needed to make purchasing decisions on the part of the reader.
● Cost-effectiveness – blogs are relatively easy to set up and maintain. They are also far less expensive than many other advertising tools, providing effective use of marketing funds.
● Better understanding of audiences – business blogs give companies a chance to learn more about the preferences and buying habits of audiences. This information can then be leveraged to launch new services or products to meet consumer needs.
Getting Started with Business Blogging
Business blogs have been shown to improve many aspects of a given company’s online footprint. Blogs support search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing strategies, adding increased value and visibility to your brand. How does one get started with business blogging?
The first step is to establish the blog itself. A blog can be hosted on the company website, or it can be a standalone platform or service. Next, consider topics and information you wish to share with readers. Blogs allow companies to go into more detail about products and services; the more details and insight you provide to visitors, the more likely they are to make informed purchasing decisions. A good tip for identifying potential blog topics is to scan your company’s and your competitors’ social media feeds for common questions. Blog topics can answer those questions, providing insight that audiences will value.
It is critical that once your blog is established that you regularly add content. Daily blogs may be too ambitious at first; aim for a minimum of weekly or twice-weekly posts. Over time and as your blogging audience grows, more frequent posts will resonate with readers. Be sure to share your blog posts on your social media profiles such as Facebook and Twitter to reach even larger audiences.
Finally, have fun with your blog – blogs tend to be more informal than other advertising methods, and gives companies a chance to showcase their distinctive personalities and styles. Be sure to engage with readers via comments to further build trust between your company and your audience. Before you know it, you will see increased traffic, more leads, and steady business growth, all with the power of business blogging.