A certification program in any domain is a way to enhance credibility, self-image and encourage life-long learning and professional development. Achieving an IT certification extends your knowledge and skills and prepares you for more job responsibilities. It can help enrich your self-image and reputation among peers. Having an IT certification can improve career opportunities-promotion, job probability, and pay increase.
An IT certification is a quick and readily recognized benchmark for a specific skill set based on standardized testing. It demonstrates your motivation, dedication, and technical knowledge on a related platform. So if you earn an IT certification, you can join a selected group of experts- a peer group with demonstrated skills. Achieving an IT certification shows that you not only have comprehensive knowledge of that technology, but you are also serious about your career to spend the time and money to get the certification.
It can also give you an advantage when hiring managers look at your portfolio as employers always give preference to the certified candidates compared to the non-certified ones. Having an IT certification can make the difference between keeping your job and having an opportunity to find a new one. So the bottom line is you must invest in yourself to make a career difference.
This article will tell you about the highest-paid IT certifications that can make your portfolio strong.
Highest Paid IT Certifications
IT certifications can bolster your skillset and help you perform your tasks more efficiently and with more confidence. Following are some of the highest-paying IT certifications that can help boom your career graph.
- AWS Solution Architect Course- This cloud computing certification can help you gain an in-depth understanding of AWS (Amazon Web Services) architectural services and principles such as VPC, IAM, EBS, EC2, and more. It helps you learn how to design and scale AWS Cloud implementation with best-practice through Amazon. Professionals who are having AWS solution Architect certification can earn an average salary of around $155,000 per year.
- Google-Certified Professional Cloud Architect- This course is considered one of the highest-paying certifications in the IT industry. It can help you develop the ability to design, create, develop, and manage a cloud-based architecture on the GCP (Google Cloud Platform). It also helps you in designing the business and technical process and the security around them. You can also manage business solutions by leveraging Google Cloud technologies. Nowadays, the need for professional-level cloud architects has increased as all kinds of companies want to store and manage large quantities of digital data through the cloud. It is estimated that a GCP Cloud Architect earns an annual average salary of $176,000.
- Project Management Professionals (PMP)- This certification is the most respected level of standardized proficiency in the project management profession. It is the gold standard for project management professionals and is designed to help you master managing project phases like initiation, execution, and stakeholder communication. Earning this certification showcases the capability of delivering a quality service by effectively designing and implementing projects to a high standard. The average salary for a PMP certification holder is around $135,798 annually.
- AWS Certified Developer- Associate- This certification can help you master your skills in developing and maintaining applications on AWS. Applicants required experience working with one or more programming languages and AWS before taking the test for the certification. It covers the topics such as SDKs (Software Development Kits) to work with AWS services, choosing the best AWS service for a provided situation, and writing code to focus on performance optimization of an application. An AWS Certified developer can earn around $130,369 per year.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)- This certification is designed to promote security best practices as in the present world of malware and identify theft, information security has never been critical. Candidates who hold this certification grasp the safe and secure digital environment for the hiring company. A certified Information security manager can earn an average salary of $117,395 annually. This certification helps you switch from a technical job to a managerial role. It will enrich your knowledge of Information Risk Management, Information security Governance, Information Security Incident management, and Information security program development and management.
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor- It is an advanced auditing certification that is ideal for auditors. If you want to become an expert in audit, monitoring, control, and assessment of IT and business processes, CISA is the certification for you. It covers domains like Information system auditing process, Information systems acquisition development and implementation, Governance and management of IT, Information system operation and business resilience, and Protection of information assets. This certification equips you to secure sensitive information and technology assets within an organization. It is considered one of the most popular certification programs for IT professionals who work in information security auditing, controlling, and assurance domains.
- Certified In Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)- This certification gives you the ability to manage risk across technology-related and IT-enabled business processes. It can help you learn how to evaluate the alignment of risk mitigation and management with your business framework for change and growth. It also makes you understand how risk-based decisions can maximize an organization’s business potential as they compete with agile, innovative startups.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner- This certification is provided by Amazon that validates your overall understanding of AWS cloud technology. It suits developers, DevOps, IT Ops, administrators, and cloud solution architects. It will teach you to identify documentation sources and understand core characteristics and technical assistance of AWS technologies.
IT certifications are in high demand as certified professionals stand to gain better and increased job opportunities and bigger paychecks. Choose any course that suits your requirements and enroll to polish your career.