Search engines have become one of the largest drivers of online traffic, and this has led to the point where many online businesses focus on SEO (search engine optimization) intensively.
Today businesses are competing for the smallest market niches and shares. Hence with an abundance of service and product providers, the SERPs (search engine result pages) have become akin to a battlefield.
This is where every brand seeks to reach the top spot and have the most traffic visiting their website, landing pages or social media profiles.
According to a recent study by Backlinko, Google uses over 200 ranking factors as part of their algorithm for ranking websites, with Google alone currently enjoying 86.86% of the global search engine market.
Furthermore, the top result on Google gets approximately 32% of all clicks, while 49% of marketers report organic search as having the best ROI for any marketing channel.
Moreover, top organic search results on Google contain an average of 1,447 words, with 53% of US consumers using search engine research to buy products online.
In light of this information, let’s take a look at some of the best SEO outreach strategies to garnish incredible backlinks for your website, store, and social media accounts.
- Analyze Your Competitor’s SEO Strategies
If you are new to SEO and only just beginning to unravel its mysteries, then analyzing your competitors and their strategies could help you to get a head start in the right direction. Here is what you can do:
- Use domain analysis tools to find your SEO competitors; for example, ‘MOZ domain analysis’ can help.
- Use Ranking Keywords and Keyword Explorer to find the most competitive keywords for your domain.
- Find top-rated pages with the help of tools such as Ahrefs Backlink Checker.
- Jot down all of this data on a Windows Excel or Google Spreadsheet to keep track of every competitor.
- For every link that you find or discover, make sure that you jot down the SERP metrics and enter them on your sheet.
- Now you can develop a strategy for each link and every competitor out there so that you can outperform them in the future.
- Benchmark Your Current SEO Performances
It is ultimately important that you understand the mechanics behind benchmarking your own and your competitors SEO related performances. Here are some important SEO benchmarks that you simply cannot miss:
- The number of total pages indexed by the search engine of choice. One way to find this is by using the search query [site: website]. This will help you find the number of results for your domain. You can also use third-party tools like BrightEdge to get coverage reports.
- Landing pages as these are the ones where your visitors enter your site. Here you can use Google Analytics to find out how each of your landing pages is performing.
- The number of keywords they still continue to be an integral part of SEO to this day. You can use Google Webmaster Tools to find your top ranking keywords and how they are performing.
- Backlink profile because this is the closest to the actual objective behind SEO outreach. However, your main aim is to target link authority that you can check with the help of tools like Majestic.
- Organic and referral visits, which you can find with the help of Google Analytics. The source is important to understand because you would know what is working and what isn’t producing results for your business or website.
- And lastly, we have social media, which is undoubtedly important for maintaining good SEO rankings. The more content you produce that is being shared, the stronger the indicator for Google to judge your work as having high quality and value for users.
- Choosing the Right Publishers
One of the fine roads that you need to take is guest posting when it comes to link building. However, choosing the best publishers or working with them can help you get the best ROI (return on investment) for your invested time and effort. Here is what you need to do:
- Obviously, you would be aiming for top-rated sites with highest DAs (domain authority), PA (Page Authority), best-ranking factors, and terrific daily/weekly/monthly traffic.
- Secondly, relevancy to your business matters a lot so if you are in the automotive industry, then posting in a domain that focuses on horticulture simply makes no sense.
- Next, you need to focus on publishers that are user friendly, offer you the ability to log in to open-source content management systems like WordPress, and don’t create a lot of fuss.
- You should also focus on those publishing platforms that offer you the ability to share your work on other platforms and overall deliver an intuitive interface.
- Think long term, not short term. Organic posts do take their time, so make sure you are working with a reliable publishing platform, and their review ratings are top-notch.
- Dedicatedly Study Your Targeted Audiences
Your target audience is one of the most crucial factors that can drive you towards success when it comes to SEO outreach. For this, you can do the following:
- Develop customer personas based on the study of product and services in-detail and identifying the right demographics, lifestyles, socio-graphics, and location of your candidates.
- Create a customer journey map for each identified customer to understand where they individually stand within the sales funnel.
- Perform research with the help of questionnaires and surveys that you can conduct with the help of email-marketing or by utilizing social media platforms.
- Verify assimilated knowledge and collected information to develop content-based strategies to carry out effective content marketing campaigns to raise maximum awareness and boost business.
- Focus on Creation of High-Quality Content
These days search engines are heavily focusing on search intent and user intent. This can involve queries regarding solutions to pain points of internet users.
Even young learners who opt for a custom essay writing service look forward to high-quality content that meets their learning objectives. To help facilitate your efforts regarding the creation of high-quality content, here are some tips:
- Deliver relevant content for audiences that cater to their interests and preferences.
- Make sure that your content focuses on resolving problems or providing solutions based on actionable tips.
- Include striking visuals (images, infographics, videos, and interactive media) that are in context with your text and match the resolution style of your publisher domain or your own blog.
- Deliver astounding facts and figures, scientific evidence, and credible information from genuine sources to back up and support your claims or arguments.
- Make sure that your content is extremely reader-friendly, utilizes easy to read font size/style, and makes use of white space to make even lengthier content more digestible.
- Focus on providing valuable information prioritizing the user rather than producing selling content that is akin to a sales copy.
- Link Building Best Practices
Without a doubt, your SEO outreach strategy is based on the creation of high-quality links to augment the SEO rankings of your website, landing pages, online store, or social media pages. Here are some best practices that you need to follow:
- Choose always relevant and differentiated anchor texts in your content to place links that are placed naturally and follow the context of your supporting text.
- Make sure you are creating content that is shareable to multiple digital platforms. This can allow users to share your post and bring in more traffic.
- Networking is the key to any business success. Therefore, you should leverage its power and showcase your brilliant and valiant efforts using digital platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook for business.
- You can also choose to collaborate to deliver creative projects with other content curators and creators. Other than that, you can also work with social media influencers to help you spread the word and allow you a backlink from them.
- Get up and happening on user-generated content websites, business review and listing websites, and also use Google My Business which is great for targeting local customers.
- Mastering the Art of Topic Development
Just like email subject lines are immensely significant and can increase click-through rates. Likewise, your topics are also crucial and can improve CTRs. Here is what you can do to improve your topic development process:
- Find subject pillars that you can tackle. These include comprehensive overview based on a subject or theme. Your subject pillars eventually evolve into pillar pages where users can browse through inter-relatable content.
- Choose topic clusters that you can manage. These can include a group of interlined posts that are or can be built around a broad topic such as sedans, specific brand sedans, family sedans, best mileage sedans, safest sedans, high tech sedans, etc.
- Or you can pick out a niche based on your visitor preferences and start building around the topics that interest them the most.
Your organic visibility on search engine matters and offers you long-lasting fruits, so have a resolute SEO outreach strategy a must for brands and businesses to survive the current competition. Manage to execute your SEO outreach strategy in a planned and realistic manner. It can help you improve your organization’s visibility, and this will lead to attracting more qualified leads.
Outreach also serves a twofold purpose, including building credibility for your venture and making you popular amongst users. Both are highly rewarding since Google and other search engines hold these factors as extremely important in their ranking factors.