Boosting your conversion rates is no walk-in in the park.
You’ll need to apply the right strategies, leverage the best-fitting tools, and learn a thing or two from others in the industry to convert more of your prospects into paying customers.
While there are many tactics to optimize your website for conversions and increase sales, this guide narrows down some of the tried and tested ways into five tips.
Read on to learn these five conversion rate optimization hacks to help amplify your existing marketing and sales efforts and grow your revenue.
1. Use popups
When used properly, popups can help you convince your casual website visitors to sign up to your email list and, ultimately, buy your products.
The key is to implement a strategy to ensure your popups help showcase your offer’s value to your potential customers instead of annoying them and driving them away.
Learn from these tips to use popups effectively.
- Consider providing several offers such as premium content, PDFs, free stuff, and other products and assess which ones drive the most conversions.
- Time your popups properly and avoid setting them to trigger as soon as visitors land on your page. Give shoppers a chance to explore first and get an idea about your brand before displaying your popups.
- Ensure visitors can easily close your popups. The goal is to entice prospects into acting on your offer and not “trap” them into agreeing to subscribe or other actions. This can frustrate your visitors, causing them to abandon your website.
- Configure a cookie, so your popup only appears once for each user. Again, the goal is to offer value and encourage conversions with your popups, not drive your potential customers away.
- Emphasize your offer’s benefit so visitors can immediately see it. Doing so shows shoppers your product’s or service’s value instantly, enticing them to sign up or buy.
This popup from Frank & Oak is a classic example of a popup highlighting the offer with “Get instant 15% off.”
Some of the popular, easiest e-commerce platforms to use offer built-in popup features (or integrate plugins) you can easily customize and run.
2. Strengthen your headlines
Landing pages have great potential to drive conversions and sales. If you’re not optimizing them properly, visitors might not read further than the headline and immediately leave.
You can miss tons of conversion opportunities, hurting your company’s profitability.
An excellent approach to ensure your headlines help you convert visitors is to wrap your entire sales pitch into a single bold sentence.
Use impactful headline types that can help you generate leads better and drive conversions, such as:
- Direct headlines
- Command headlines
- Instructional or How-to headlines
Additionally, use headline analyzer tools such as Sharethrough. The tool scores your headlines based on engagement and impression.
The tool also shows the strong aspects of your headline and provides recommendations to improve it.
Create headlines that catch your visitors’ interest, solve a problem, answer a question, or offer information.
3. Leverage trust elements
The hard truth is, you need to establish trust with first-time website visitors before they buy from you.
After all, new visitors don’t know your brand and your product’s quality yet. Some might have heard of your brand but need a bit more reassurance that your business is legitimate and trustworthy.
The solution? Leverage trust elements across your website with these tips.
- Keep your website up-to-date. A modern website design helps indicate that your website is active. This helps reassure customers that you’re a legitimate business and nurture trust.
- Display contact information prominently. Show your potential customers how they can reach you. It’s one way of reinforcing that you’re a real business.
You can also configure Artificial Intelligence (AI) chatbots for customer service to assist visitors in contacting you or answering common questions.
Providing support is an excellent way to nurture trust and generate conversions.
- Show security seals. Display trust badges such as Norton and other security seals. This helps assure customers that their personal data, such as credit card information, are secure when they transact on your site.
- Leverage media mentions. Show mentions of your brand by other companies and well-known institutions to enhance your brand’s credibility. These act as testimonials and social proof, helping you build trust with your prospects.
While it takes time and hard work to establish trust with your potential customers, using trust elements strategically can help reinforce your efforts and ultimately boost your conversions.
4. Utilize categories to showcase your products
Creating product descriptions that convert can help you reach your conversion goals and increase your sales.
You can take this to the next level by optimizing your product categories for conversions.
The key is to ensure you don’t bombard visitors with individual products on your homepage. This can overwhelm your potential customers, leading to a negative user experience.
Instead, design product categories to deliver seamless shopping experiences with these quick tips.
- Display your top-level product categories as visual navigation elements. This helps visitors browse your site with ease and find the products they want quickly.
- Show the number of available items under each category. This can instantly tell visitors you have the item they’re looking for. Ensure this doesn’t create clutter and overwhelm your users.
Optimizing your product categories helps show your products’ breadth and depth without visitors going through hoops to find the items they want.
Note: If you find integrating product categories into your online store too technical, get a web design agency to help you out.
They can create and organize your menus without ruining your site’s navigation. They can also assist in your overall strategy to optimize your product page and categories for memorable shopping experiences.
5. Create persuasive CTAs
A clear call-to-action helps tell your visitors what to do next while enticing them to act on your conversion goals.
This makes it crucial to create CTAs that your visitors are more likely to click than ignore.
Here are some tips to help you create irresistible CTAs.
- Consider using only one CTA on each page. A single CTA reduces confusion and distractions, helping visitors focus on performing the action you want them to do.
- Adopt web usability best practices. This helps you provide user experiences that most visitors are familiar with, simplifying navigating your site and responding to your CTAs.
- Run split tests of your CTA elements. Test variations of your CTA button’s color, size, and shape. For instance, you can test which CTA button color variation drives the most conversions and tweak accordingly for better results.
- Make your offers clear through proper context. People are more likely to convert when they know exactly what to expect from your offer. It also helps to apply scarcity to make your CTAs more persuasive, encouraging conversions.
For example, if you’re running a webinar on summit vs. conference, you can include “Register now before slots run out” on your landing page.
Ready to drive your conversions through the roof?
Increasing your conversion rate requires strategy and creativity.
Put in the hard work now, and you should see some significant improvements, helping you grow your sales and business.
Kickstart your conversion rate optimization efforts with the tips in this guide and assess which ones get you the best results.