An email list checker is essential to a successful email marketing campaign. Without a clean list, your emails are likely to end up in the spam folder. And they can get messy. You may have duplicate addresses, misspelled addresses, and people who unsubscribe from your list.
But, keeping your email list clean is essential to your email marketing strategy. A clean email list will improve your deliverability, which is the percentage of emails that are successfully delivered to recipients. It will also help you maintain a good sender reputation, which is the overall rating of your IP address and domain.
In this detailed article, we’ll expose three detrimental signs that indicate it’s time for you to clean your email list and remove any inactive or invalid subscribers.
Let’s hop in.
What Is an Email List Checker?
Email list checker is an automated tool that helps in the process of identifying and removing invalid email addresses from your contact list. This is important to do periodically in order to maintain a high deliverability rate and avoid getting your emails marked as spam.
This helps to improve deliverability and ensure that your messages are reaching the people who want to receive them. There are a few different methods you can use to clean your email list, including automated verification, double opt-in, and bounces processing.
If you have a large number of invalid email addresses on your list, it can be helpful to use an automated tool to remove them. This will save you time and help ensure that your emails are getting delivered to valid addresses.
Signs That You Need To Clean Your Email List Using an Email List Checker
Your email list is one of the most important tools in your marketing arsenal, so it’s important to keep it clean and up-to-date. Here are some signs that you need to clean your email list:
- You’re seeing a decrease in open rates. If your open rates are falling, it could be because your list is full of inactive subscribers. A healthy email list should have an open rate of at least 15%.
- Your bounce rate is high. A high bounce rate is another sign that your list is full of inactive subscribers. A healthy bounce rate should be below 5%.
- You’re not seeing any results from your campaigns. If you’re not seeing any results from your email marketing campaigns, it could be because you’re targeting the wrong people. A clean email list will help you target your audience more effectively.
How To Clean Your Email List Like A Pro?
Using an email list checker to clean your email list is important to keeping your deliverability high and preventing your emails from being marked as spam.
Here are some tips on how to clean your email list:
- Remove invalid or inactive email addresses. If an address is invalid, it will bounce back when you try to send a message. Inactive email addresses are those that haven’t been used in a long time.
- Unsubscribe from people who have never opened your emails. These people are probably not interested in what you have to say and could hurt your deliverability if they mark your messages as spam.
- Delete duplicate entries. Duplicate email addresses can cause problems with deliverability and also make it difficult to track opens and clicks.
- Remove any addresses that have opted out of receiving emails from you.
How to Test Your Email Server and Inbox Placement
Email servers and inboxes are constantly changing and evolving. As a result, it’s important to regularly test your email server and inbox placement to ensure that your emails are being delivered correctly.
Here’s how to do it:
- Send an email from your email server to a test account. This will help you determine whether or not your emails are being delivered correctly.
- Check your inbox placement using an inbox placement tool like Litmus or Email on Acid. These tools will help you see where your emails are landing in different inboxes, as well as how they’re being rendered.
- Run some tests using different email subject lines, content, and sender addresses. This will help you determine what works best for getting your emails into the inboxes of your subscribers.
In summary, building an online business takes a lot of meticulous and calculated efforts, if you want your email marketing campaigns to really thrive, you need to make sure you have a clean and healthy email list
There are three main signs that you need to look out for when determining whether you need to clean your email list using an email list checker:
- High bounce rates.
- low engagement rates.
- Low open rates.
Luckily, by using an email list checker, you can improve your deliverability, avoid spam traps, and keep your sender reputation intact.