Whether you are looking for a Salesforce app to use in a business operation or you want to make a position in the Salesforce world, you need to understand what Salesforce offers and what it does to help you win more customers. Being a pioneer in Salesforce, people, experienced or fresher, come to us with so many questions regarding the utility, features, and technicalities of Salesforce. Through this post, I have answered a few repetitive questions that Salesforce enthusiasts continuously ask us.
What are the benefits of Salesforce CRM?
The topmost benefits of Salesforce CRM are:
- You get more opportunities to increase your sales
- The use of the analytical approach to ensure customer acquisition.
- Minimizing the cost to improve customer satisfaction.
- The complete automation of repetitive tasks.
- Upfront communication with improved efficiency
To unlock these benefits, you need to master the concepts and aspects of this CRM tool, which Salesforce training can help you achieve.
What are Salesforce’s custom objects?
Salesforce.com contains all enterprise-level data. There is a requirement for Junction Object, which has a master-detail relationship. This allows you to create a master-detail relationship between two objects and plug in a child object to a related list. You need to define these custom objects if you want to take the following steps.
- Integrate records with custom objects.
- Custom lists display the custom object data
- Build a custom tab for a custom object.
- Developing page layouts.
- Developing a dashboard & report to evaluate custom object.
- You can share the custom tab, app and object.
What are Governor Limits in Salesforce?
Governor Limits controls the volume of data and the number of records you can store in shared databases. This is because Salesforce is designed on the basis of multi-tenant architecture. Simply, Salesforce stores the data of multiple clients/ customers using a single database. To avoid the monopolization of shared resources, Salesforce is driving the concept of Governor Limits based on the Apex run-time engine. Whenever the Apex code goes beyond the limit, a run-time exception is what the expected governor issues that are not possible to handle. Therefore, being a Salesforce developer, stay cautious while developing your application. The governor Limits of Salesforce are:
- Per-Transaction Apex Limits
- Force.com Platform Apex Limits
- Static Apex Limits
- Size-Specific Apex Limits
- Miscellaneous Apex Limits
- Email Limits
- Push Notification Limits
What can cause data loss in Salesforce?
Reasons responsible for Data loss in Salesforce are:
- Changing date and time as well as data
- Moving to currency, number, and percentage from other data types
- Shifting from the multi-select picklist, checkbox, auto number to other types
- Changing to multi-select picklist from any type rather than picklist
- Moving to auto-number except for text
- Taking advantage of text-area for e-mail, phone, URL, and text
What are the different dashboard components?
The different Dashboard components are: Chart: A graphical representation of data. Gauge: You can display a single value amongst custom values. Metric: You can show a sole key value – By clicking on a blank text field next to total and then entering the metric label straight into components. All metrics are correctly aligned in the console column. Table: Display report data in column form using the Table. Visual force-This helps generate custom component or showcase info not accessible to other sections. Custom S – component: It involves the content that runs or exhibits a browser like Excel file, Java applet, ActiveX Control and custom HTML web form.
Can you explain the details of Salesforce SaaS functionality?
The important features of Salesforce SaaS functionality are:
- You get a pay-as-you-go framework that resonates well with all clientele.
- You don’t need to bother about substructure management.
- Retrieval of all requests via the internet.
- Easy to integrate along with numerous applications.
- Uncover newest features without any postponement.
- High uptime and safety.
- Excellent presentation for various operations.
- Connect anywhere through mobile devices
If you know about CRM, you must have heard of Salesforce. It offers robust customer relationship management software, which performs real-time analytics by evaluating customers’ data. It has become a need of the hour to meet the requirement of the client end to end.